Google will be rolling out a new “Parking Payment” feature soon
We can pay directly in the Google Maps App via Google pay.
Good News for Austin and Texas:
Passport, a transportation software company that enables cities to manage vehicle interactions with streets and sidewalks, is innovating with Google to enable people in Austin, Texas to pay for parking directly from Google Maps. This feature will become widely available in the upcoming weeks.
“We’re excited to work with Passport to help drivers in Austin pay for parking more quickly and conveniently right from Google Maps,” Vishal Dutta, Google Maps product manager, said in a release. The new feature seeks to make driving and parking safer as people try to return to normalcy amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“Integrating Passport’s payment technology into Google Maps makes it easier to navigate and pay for parking in downtown Austin,” said Khristian Gutierrez, Chief Revenue Officer at Passport.
We are excited to partner closely with the Google team to improve the livability in Austin in support of the City’s goals.”- said Passport’s Executive.
How to pay within the Google Maps app
- Open your Google Maps App.
- Sign in to your google account. (if not)
- When you arrive at your destination spot, tap on Pay For Parking.
- Fill the required information, like the place, parking spot number (chill you can find it around easily), vehicle details.
- Choose how long you want to park, tap on the payment method you want to use. Tap Continue. (Assuming you have set-up you google pay, if not then set it up).
- You can also extend your parking session too.
- Once you have done payment your receipt will get sent to your Google Account.
You can also pay through your mobile browser.
Passport sets cities in motion, helping to create more livable, equitable communities. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport is a transportation software company, delivering the operating system that enables cities to manage vehicle interactions with streets and sidewalks. With Passport, city leaders increase convenience, efficiency, and compliance today and tomorrow. Trusted by more than 1,000 cities, universities, and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists and was named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2020.
Shortly, Google Maps will be able to integrate dozens of services, therefore limiting the need to download multiple third-party apps.
If you gain any information from this article, hit that clap button. Cheers!!